Wednesday, September 14, 2005

MY FAMOUS LIST

Several years ago I kept a list of my colleagues whom I found especially irritating. Most were also shallow and phony. There were strict rules governing this list. It could only have 10 names on it. In order to add someone new, I had to remove someone. This often proved difficult, but it prevented me from what I feared could be unseemly excess.
I think this might be a good time to resurrect the list for this blog. Obviously, my colleagues and relatives would not be suitable for this blog, even though some could qualify, so I will start with well-known names which illustrate the principle. There are only 5 names at the present time and I can accept nominations as I consider additions to reach the maximum magic number. As you ponder the list, you must keep in mind that you won't make the list if you are just pitiful--like Michael Jackson or Mike Tyson. In addition, if you are just stupid--like Jessica Simpson--there is no way to justify the exclusion of others, like Paris Hilton who is similarily afflicted. So, she won't be on the list.
  1. Dennis Rodman--his brain must rattle around in his skull like a BB in a boxcar. Wasted life.
  2. Geraldo Rivera--what a phony. And slimy.
  3. Jane Fonda--she makes the list in so many ways it is hard to know where to start
  4. Tom DeLay--see comments below
  5. Joe Biden--I have to be careful with politicians since I could easily fill up the entire list with just them. DeLay and Biden, however, are especially phony and in their own way equally vicious and thus despicable.
Hopefully this will give an idea about the list. You can't just be a hopeless liberal like Al Franken or a conservative bloviator like Rush Limbaugh. You can actually find humor in both of these guys. Hollywood is full of candidates and may be represented in the future. The problem is knowing where to start out there. It is sort of like the politician problem. I will keep working on it and consider suggestions of others.

Personal Unsecured Loan