Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dream Dinner Party

If I were to give a dinner party for 10 people, who would I invite? Assuming the guests were not family or politicians, the following 10, in no particular order, would be my choice. Anyone wanting to offer a competing list is welcome to post a comment here on BestView.

Stephen Hawking--I am sure he could get me to understand the universe by the time dessert is served.
Boone Pickens--A Texan who has given millions to Oklahoma State and has a continuous stream of investment ideas for how to make more. Surely he would share some with me.
Camille Paglia--What other woman could better represent all womanhood at this dinner party?
Tom Wolfe--He would need to be seated by Camille with a hidden recorder needed to preserve their conversation.
Tiger Woods--Maybe he could help with my game, but if not, he would probably be the most widely respected person in the room.
John Bolton--the former U.N. Ambassador has a world view that I admire and more common sense than anyone observing the world scene.
Billy Graham--someone needs to bless this meal and he probably has a better line of communication to God than anyone else.
Terry Fator--Another Texan. Any dinner party needs an entertainer and he is the most talented one I have ever seen or heard.
Antonin Scalia--a brilliant man I would have sitting to my right so I could readily get his take on whatever came up in the various conversations.
Doyle Brunson--a Texan who has been playing poker successfully for 50 years. It would be fun to watch him correctly size up the dinner participants in the first 10 minutes.

Personal Unsecured Loan