Monday, November 22, 2004

NBA Brawl

Everyone else seems to have an opinion on the Pacers/Pistons fiasco so I may as well give my thoughts. I lost interest in NBA basketball a long time ago. The game and players just didn't seem like basketball to me. Walking isn't called and defense isn't played. The players seemed to lack, shall we say, character. So, I mostly follow college basketball.
This latest incident finds me with nobody to root for. You have overpaid jerks going into the stands to fight idiotic, drunken fans. This seems like an inferior version of professional wrestling to me. It is time the fans wise up and quit paying outrageous sums to see the game so salaries come down to a level where the only ones left in the game are players who actually want to play basketball as it is supposed to be played without all the cultural styling. As it stands now, I suspect the lawyers are going to wind up with all the money.

Personal Unsecured Loan