Saturday, March 25, 2006

Aloha II

BestView is on the last leg of the Hawaii trip. It is safe to report that there is a whole lot of water here in the Pacific Ocean. The fact that you can travel for 4 days and see no land, ships, or even birds or marine life is amazing. The Captain says the ocean is over 14,000 feet deep out here. Seems unlikely to me. I finally saw a fish jump yesterday. That is the only one and I spend a lot of time watching the ocean from my balcony on the 8th floor of this ship. I also saw one cruise ship yesterday heading toward Hawaii, I would guess.The trip has been enjoyable but I am ready to get back to my routine. We get very little news and I am ready to catch up on the happenings around the world. One thing we have heard about is the bus accident down in Chili involving passengers from a sister ship of the one we are on and the fire on another ship. From what I understand, some idiot started it on the balcony with a cigarette. That seems odd to me since I am looking at my balcony and you couldn't burn anything out there with a blowtorch.
Before we can go to LA we have to go to Ensenada, Mexico. This is because of a moronic law which says that a cruise ship with a foreign registry must go to some foreign port after leaving a U.S. port before it can come back to a U.S. port. Makes no sense. It is just a tax on and inconvenience to U.S. citizens. So tonight we dock in Ensenada and leave one hour later for L.A. If our plane stays in the air I should be almost back to normal on Tuesday. One deviation from normal will be the diet we go on to shed some of the culinary delights we have enjoyed.

Personal Unsecured Loan