Friday, December 22, 2006

Sounds good to me

John McWhorter is one of my favorite intellectuals. He is like Thomas Sowell in that the liberal media mainly ignore him, but I ran across an article today in the New York Sun which everyone should read and seriously consider. Because it makes so much sense and would require us to dismantle something which is a sacred failure, it won't happen. So we will continue with the current sham of an education system.

What McWhorter suggests is that we stop universal education at the 10th grade and let the students pursue the rest of their lives in whatever way seems most appropriate. His supporting reasons are compelling to me and I would love to hear a debate in which the education establishment attempted to defend the current high schools.

Personal Unsecured Loan