Friday, September 04, 2009

Charlie Rangle

A recent Washington Post editorial called for the black chairman of the tax writing Ways and Means Committee to resign his chairmanship. This was based on multiple financial transgressions including tax evasion. Read it here. The following is a letter to the Washington Post concerning this situation and Best View could not agree more.

What am I to think? I hear and read the many comments and speeches of people like Vann Jones, a black man, who is so obviously against the America I know and love. I see our black Attorney General refuse to prosecute the Black Panthers who stood at doors of the polling booths on Election Day slapping night sticks into their hand in a threatening manner. I heard Barack Obama as a candidate say that when elected he would distribute the wealth, and then proceed to do so after the election. I hear some black politicians such as Maxine Waters making what to me are outlandish statements, such as wanting to Nationalize our country. I see so many of them, such as back Congresswoman Diane Watson, praising the likes of Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, et al. I see their most important civic (Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakan, Jesse Jackson) and religious leaders (oh boy, Rev Wright!) spewing what to me is insane and or anti-American rhetoric. In fact, I rarely if ever, hear a black leader on TV in a serious discussion without making what to me is offensive comments. I hear a black governor blame a white racist media for his low polls and he suggested that our President will be the next victim ("You can see it coming", he adds.) And these are just what speedily come to mind as I type without thought.

Today it is Charlie Rangel who's spouting off. What is gnawing at me the most as all of these things parade in front of my eyes seemingly on a daily basis is the mindset of the black community. If all of these leaders think in this manner, and I don't see any media accepted voices on the other side, are we not in trouble? Just taking Congressman Rangel at his word, shouldn't there be some real worries about the thought process within this community? Just listen to this part:

"Why do black people have to bargain for what is theirs? Why do we have to wait for the right to vote? Why can't we get what God has given us? And that is the right to live as human beings and not negotiate with white southerners and not court the votes. Just do the right thing," Rangel said.

Hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants come here every year of all color from India, China and all parts east and west. Most become successful citizens.

Yet the black community stagnates. Why? Don't they have the same opportunities as these newcomers?

These questions have been stirring within me. Don't call me racist, Charlie. Look in the mirror.

Personal Unsecured Loan