Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What???

Tim Russert: Do you believe that Iraq is less a terrorist threat to the United States now than it was two years ago?

Kerry: No, it's more. And, in fact, I believe the world is less safe today than it was 2 1/2 years ago. . . .

Russert: Is the United States safer with the newly elected Iraqi government than we would have been with Saddam Hussein?

Kerry: Sure. And I'm glad Saddam Hussein is gone, and I've said that a hundred times.

Does he agree with Ted Kennedy's view that America is the problem and should get out? No and yes:

Russert: Specifically, do you agree with Sen. Kennedy that 12,000 American troops should leave at once?

Kerry: No.

Russert: Do you believe there should be a specific timetable of withdrawal of American troops?

Kerry: No.

Russert: What would you do?

Kerry: I understand exactly what Sen. Kennedy is saying, and I agree with Sen. Kennedy's perceptions of the problem and of how you deal with it. . . . I agree with Senator Kennedy that we have become the target and part of the problem today, if not the problem.


Personal Unsecured Loan