Sunday, January 15, 2006

Medicare Follow-up

My bride of some 44 years (this week) read my blog (see below) and looked at her Medicare Summary Notice to see how her flu vaccine was handled. She went in to get her vaccination on October 31, about 3 days before I did. We went to the same Family Medicine Clinic. Again, they charged her $20 to administer the injection. The actual vaccine, however, was $32 rather than the $22 I was charged. The only difference I could notice was her vaccine had no preservative. Why, I don't know. So her vaccination was $52 and Medicare was not so frugal with her. They agreed to pay $48.84. I got a 24% reduction and she only got a 6% decrease. Makes no sense to me.

Between the two of us, the government spent $80.38 to protect us against influenza. This gives me an idea. What if all of us old folks went down to the local drug store and gave them $20 each for our shots. Many people do this anyway. Just send us a check for $25 and save the rest.

Personal Unsecured Loan