Friday, January 27, 2006

Trading Room


This blog was started to simply put up things that interested me at any point in time and has been something that I have enjoyed and since few ever read the thing there is no pressure to meet a deadline or even publish something if I was doing something else. One thing I haven't really blogged on was an interest in the stock market which started over 40 years ago. I have been trading stocks actively for some 15 years since the internet allowed online trading. I haven't included much in this blog about it since stock trading is too arcane for even the small number of folks who might wander onto this thing. What I do is mainly participate in a giant Ponzi Scheme where the earlier that you get invested and the more astute you are in getting out when the music stops and seats are still available, the more successful you will be. There are a lot of people out there who are better at the game than I am, but since I have managed to make money every year despite a number of years when I was not focused as much as I should have been, I conclude modestly that I am better than average at the activity.
Where this is leading is shown in the picture above. For several years, I was trading from our third bedroom on tables which were haphazardly arranged. We decided last September to add a room behind our garage which I could use as an office and the bedroom could once again be used to accommodate our kids, their kids, and guests. It is now completed and I am very pleased by the project. My bride has assisted mightily in providing esthetic touches and in the planning of it. I am now better situated to trade and I have been much more focused on it than in the past. One problem is it takes a lot of work and long hours to do what I do effectively, but I enjoy it and thankfully, I am in a position to quit when I am no longer having fun.

Personal Unsecured Loan